As more and more businesses rely on websites to haul in customers and market products and services, yours must stand out. But how can you build a name in the industry if your website looks the same as everyone else’s?
Improve your customer web experience
Improving the customer experience on your website is a great way to level out the playing field and make your website different. Plus, a positive customer experience is vital for your business because satisfied customers convert to brand loyalty, which can eventually boost your profits.
Below is a list of techniques you can implement to boost customer web experience:
1. Use A Customer Journey Map
You’ll have a hard time improving your website if you don’t set any goals first. What design elements would you incorporate if you don’t know what you want to achieve? How can you assess your website’s performance if you don’t have any goals?
If you want to boost customer web experience, make use of a customer journey map. This map is a step-by-step guide that helps you determine what your customer needs, what kind of interactions are necessary to satisfy those needs, and how you can trigger emotions as customers are using your website design.
Most importantly, a customer journey map will also help you identify potential pain points on your website, making it easier for you to assess which and how to improve. This information will help you save resources as you allocate them to a specific area.
To create a customer journey map, you should:
- Set your goals
- Create a buyer persona
- Learn about the different phases of the customer journey
- Identify touchpoints
- Distinguish customer goals and actions at each touchpoint
- Try the customer journey yourself
- Make necessary changes
2. Make The Website Load Faster
One of the most vital steps to improve customer web experience is to make your website load faster. Having users wait for an extra second can adversely affect your ability to convert customers, earn profits, and build a strong online presence. In fact, studies show that 53% of mobile users abandon a website if it doesn’t load within three seconds. You only have a very limited time to impress online users and ensure they stay on your website.
There are many strategies to make your website load faster, namely:
- Combine files whenever possible
- Enable browser caching
- Minimize HTTP requests
- Reduce image sizes
- Reduce server response time
- Use external hosting platforms for larger files
- Use the right hosting option for your needs
3. Publish High-Quality Content On Your Website
Everything that’s on your website will affect a buyer’s decision, and that includes the content you publish on the platform. Posting an article with one misspelt word is enough for your business to gain negative publicity and become the laughing stock among online users.
Moreover, people will be less likely to trust a business that commits several grammatical errors on its website. Often, users will associate your content with the quality of your services. If you don’t have the time to check your blogs and articles for mistakes, how can you find the time to address queries?
Publishing high-quality content online is easy as long as you follow these tips:
- If you have a sufficient budget, hire professional proofreaders and have them check the content before publishing them on your website.
- Make sure that the content you publish on your website uses simple words. It should be simple enough that every online user can understand what your content is in a single reading.
- As for the topic in your content, start by telling customers how your product can benefit their lives and solve some of their day-to-day problems. Don’t use your articles or blogs to solely promote your products or services; instead, use these materials to educate them on what your offerings can do.
4. Make Navigation Easy
To boost customer web experience, put yourself in the shoe of a first-time visitor and assess how easy or hard the navigation on your website is. Can you find the information you’re looking for within a few clicks? Are the products and services categorized properly?
Making navigation smooth is essential to provide the best customer web experience. Ideally, you should reduce unnecessary clicks on your website to make it easier for users to navigate and find information within seconds. It’s also important to avoid having random pop-ups on web pages as these can only distract and even frustrate users.
You can improve your website navigation by implementing any or all of these tips:
- Make sure that navigation features such as search bars and category lists appear on the same location in your web pages. Consistent navigation increases users’ ability to find information quickly and promotes ease of use.
- When using categories on web pages, ensure that these are clearly and visually defined. This means that category headings should have different font sizes than subcategories.
- If your website has an in-site search feature, check and make sure that it works properly. When users type keywords in the search box, they should be provided with relevant results, not a ‘no product found’ message.
5. Simplify The Checkout Process
Even if you followed tips one to four in this article, online users would still abandon your website if you have a complicated checkout process. Keep in mind that people rely on the internet for hassle-free purchases. And if your website doesn’t offer this, they won’t have any reason to patronize your business long-term.
If you want to convert online users into paying customers, simplify your checkout process through these tips:
- Allow the users to easily add and remove products from their shopping carts. Users shouldn’t wait for your website to refresh before they can add or remove it.
- Refrain from having unnecessary elements in the checkout. Your checkout page must only contain the delivery and payment details and message confirmation about the user’s orders.
- You can also add a visual progress indicator to help them determine what information would be required in every stage.
Always Prioritize Your Customers
People will look for your website if they want to know more about your business, and their experience using the platform can influence their decision to buy from you. Instead of earning more customers, a poorly designed website will only leave a negative impression that can shoo away potential customers.
Use your website as a tool for success by implementing the tips presented in this article. Offering a customer-centric website will surely increase your chances of succeeding in the industry!
HOW CAN WE HELP?
ETC is a leading mobile app development company Malaysia with an extensive portfolio of remarkable results. Our web design services and website development services aim to help you and your business to grow.